We fashion our jewelry with care and with love. Please treat it well and it should provide you with years of enjoyment. EDEN®, Cape Cod Screwball® and the Cape Cod Screwball Bracelet® configuration are registered trademarks.
1. Can I pay by credit or debit card?
No. We ONLY accept cash or checks (with valid driver’s license). We do not accept credit or debit cards.
2. Do we have any new items this year?
Yes, every year we introduce at least one new jewelry item and often several new pottery pieces (including different ornaments) that we have designed and made at Eden.
3. Where can I find driving directions to Eden Hand Arts?
For directions, please see the Visiting page.
4. Do I always need tickets to visit Eden?
Eden tickets are required for any visit to the shop at any time that we are open.
In addition, please be aware that when you send in a ticket request, there is no guarantee you will get your requested date/time slot until the actual ticket arrives. Even though our calendar may say we have a few available spots left on any given date/time slot, they do go very fast! Tickets are given on a first-come, first-serve basis, and someone before you may have already requested this spot ahead of you, so it is not a guarantee you will get that date/time slot until the actual ticket arrives.
5. What if I want only one item and don't have a ticket?
Come to what we call the “onesy” line at the side door. If you want just one thing (tags, repairs, exchanges don’t count) and you know what specific item you want, you can come to the side door without a ticket any day the shop is open. We can measure for the right size fit for your bracelet. What we can’t do is bring different type bracelets out for you to decide. For that you need to come into the shop with a ticket. PLEASE NOTE: mornings there can be a very long line and difficulty parking. If possible consider coming to the “onesy” line in the afternoon.
Not all items are always available in our onsey line. If we are not able to keep up with the demand, anything we are able to make is used for ticket holders, so the earlier in the season you visit the onsey line the better your chances of getting the item you want. If an item is not currently available in this line, it will be posted on our Facebook page.
6. What types of metals do you use?
We use sterling silver and 14k gold in all our work, nothing else. We often get asked if there is nickel in the silver. We assure you, there is no nickel in our sterling silver.
7. How do I measure for a proper fit?
Our Eden® Cape Cod Screwball® bracelet is designed to fit each individual wrist. The bracelet should be free to move over the wrist bone without catching on the bone. The bracelet definitely should not be able to turn around the wrist. To meet these specifications, the bracelets are manufactured in 1/8-inch increments, which means we have over 50 sizes. If you would like to purchase a bracelet as a gift, you may measure the lucky person’s wrist yourself. To ensure a proper fit, measure the wrist over the wrist bone using a plastic tape (do not use rubber bands, yarn, or any other stretchable material ). Pull the tape tight. We will then adjust the measurement to ensure comfort and maintain the style.
Neckwires cannot be measured off the premises. Each of our neckwires is bent to fit the individual neck. Because necks have either a horizontal or vertical oval shape, and because some necks are rounder than others, a simple tape measurement will not provide the accuracy we require. We need the neck. Gift certificates are available.
8. How do I care for my hand-wrought jewelry?
- Frequent removal of fitted sterling silver bracelets can deform the shape and cause the bracelet to crack and, eventually, to break.. Most bracelets cannot be repaired. (Repeated opening and closing causes the metal to become brittle.)
- Pools with chlorine will darken silver. This tarnish can be removed with silver polish and elbow grease.
- Occasionally, a person’s skin becomes more acidic than usual. The acid causes silver to tarnish. Clean the jewelry with silver polish.
- Chlorine in pools (or for household use) reacts with the gold and will cause breakage, especially when the jewelry comes in contact with chlorine daily. The same is true of bromine used in hot tubs.
- Repeated removal of fitted bracelets may cause breakage. Most bracelets cannot be repaired.
9. What is Eden Hand Arts return policy?
All of our work is unconditionally guaranteed to be free of defects in materials or workmanship. (This does not include the above mentioned issues.)
During regular shop hours, unworn jewelry may be exchanged for a different size or may be returned with a dated sales slip. Do not return bracelets through the mail. Pierced earrings are not returnable by law. Please refer to FAQ #11 for more information on broken jewelry
10. How to remove tarnish?
Please see “How do I care for my hand-wrought jewelry” on this FAQ page.
11. What do I do about broken jewelry?
We stand behind what is made by us.
However, this does not include breakage from extremely old bracelets (everything wears out and becomes unrepairable eventually), previously repaired items, misuse due to frequent or incorrect removal. These are not a flaw in workmanship. Please see FAQs #8 & #9 above. Note: the item or return must be brought to us when we are open (it can be done at the side door without a ticket).
12. Why can’t we get in to shop even when there is no line?
Since each piece is made by hand there is a limit to what we can produce. Also there is a limit to the ability of the property and neighborhood to handle crowds which would increase if people were able to come in without a ticket.
13. Why do we have to wait outside even with tickets?
The inside of the shop is VERY small and for safety reasons can only accommodate a certain number of people.
14. But what about if I’m with a group of four friends?
Inside the shop there are three sales staff each of whom can handle a party of up to three people. So, there are two options. You can wait until two sales staff are both free and all come in together or two of you can come in at a time. All four people however, must each have a ticket to do this. No matter what, four people may NOT ever come in with a three-person ticket.
15. What about mail order?
We do NO mail order, no exceptions. Our supply of jewelry is limited and we need stock for those who visit Eden. If you know someone on the Cape, perhaps they could help you. Also, we do not want to take on the bookkeeping associated with paying sales tax on sending things through the mail.
16. If I lose my Eden® Tag, why can’t I get one without the bracelet?
The purpose of the Eden® Tag is to identify that bracelet as made by us. There are many knock-offs out there even though we have trademarked the design. If we sold tags without knowing it was going on one of our bracelets, that would defeat its purpose.
17. Why don't you mail out replacement Eden® Tags?
We do NO mail order, no exceptions. Please see the FAQ about mail order above.
18. Why don't you post pictures of your jewelry online or allow taking pictures/videos in the shop?
Many of our designs have been copied without permission. To minimize this as much as possible we do not post pictures online or allow photographing/videotaping of any sort inside the shop.
19. Are you hiring? Can I work at Eden?
Sometimes, but not often, we have a position available. It could involve sales, helping out with entry level work in the pottery, polishing jewelry or light gardening, etc. If you are interested send a letter to P.O. Box 784, East Dennis MA 02641. Please tell us your interests, why you’d like to work for us, your previous experiences (a resume if you have one), of particular interest to us is any sort of projects you like to make with your hands and your email address. If a position is open we will contact you.
20. Do you sell gift certificates?
Yes, when the shop is open gift certificates are available to purchase in person only at the shop. If purchasing one, please let the recipient know it is their responsibility to book a ticket. Buying one does not guarantee a ticket. They can however, use the onsey line if they know which one item they wish to purchase. We do not sell gift certificates by mail or internet. We do not sell gift certificates when we are closed.
21. Do you have by appointment or off season appointments?
We do not open when we are closed. Our hours of operation are listed on our website. No exceptions.
22. Can my bracelet be resized?
Any original Cape Cod Screwball Bracelet — one or two ball, silver or gold, but NOT the open two ball or any other bracelet, can be made smaller. However we can not stretch the metal to make ANY bracelet bigger.
23. Can I exchange an older bracelet for one that fits?
No, we do not take back or exchange previously worn bracelets.
24. What happens if I do not remember to cancel within the 24 hours or show up for my ticket reservation?
No further tickets will be issued to you. This is clearly stated on your ticket. We certainly understand that things may come up, however the number of requests far outnumber the supply of tickets (and the supply of jewelry we can make), and many folks are disappointed when they can’t get a ticket. Unused tickets take up spots for other people. Sadly without this policy, many did not take their reservation seriously and to maximize the number of available tickets each day we established this policy.
Everyone is welcome at the onesie line so that remains an option.
25. What is this I hear about people being banned from Eden?
Please see FAQ #24 above.